The Union of Working Consumers of Greece was established and started operating in 2009. In 2011 it was certified by the General Secretariat for the Consumer of the Ministry of Development and Competitiveness.
It is registered as a legally established Union of Consumers in the Union of Consumers “Register” of the General Secretariat of art. 10(4) of L. 2251/1994 as in force, is digitally registered in the directorate of Consumer Policy of the General Secretariat of Consumer under reference number 40/17.09.2018 and, also, as a legally established union, and is included in the Union Register of the Court of First Instance of Athens under reference number 28020.
Today, the Union of Working Consumers of Greece represents the consumers by participating at a national and European level as:
- Ordinary Member for a three-year term and one of the representatives of the Consumer Associations for the whole country in the National Council for the Consumer and the Market “ESKA” (GG 748/21.10.2015 – Volume of Special Position Employees and Administration Bodies of the Public Sector and the Broader Public Sector Agencies)
- Member of the Certification Commission of the Consumer Unions of article 10 (12) of L. 2251/94
- Alternate member of the National Accreditation Council operating within the National Accreditation System (ESYD) (GG 561/7/11/2017 – Volume of Special Position Employees and Administration Bodies of the Public Sector and the Broader Public Sector Agencies).
- Member of the Government Council for Private Debt Management
- Founding member of the European Consumer Union (ECU)
- Member of Finance Watch